October 10, 2015
SAU Mulegating Area
Entry Fee: FREE
Awards: Top 10 winners will be announced.
Trophies for 1st – 5th places.
Burger Competition Rules
(Adapted from the Steak Cook-off Association)
- Cook teams may cook on gas grills, charcoal grills, electric grills, or wood grills.
- More than one team may use the same fire source. However, each team must use different burger recipes.
- Burger patty can be made of any protein or meat you choose.
- Burger meat must be ground and be shaped into the form of a patty.
- The competition will provide each team one turn-in box. Turn in one whole full size burger in the provided box. The provided foil sheet must stay under the burger. The burger should not be cut into pieces.
- Burgers may not be branded in any way.
- No inedible garnish is allowed, with the exception of small disposable cups containing sauces/dips and toothpicks/skewers holding burger items together.
- No decorations in the box.
- Burgers will be judged on taste, originality, and appearance. In case of a tie, taste will be the first tie breaker, followed by originality.
- 8:00 am Cookers may begin to set up
- 10:00 am Cooks Meeting
- 11:15 am – 12:00 pm Burger Turn-in
- 1:30 pm Awards
Any questions, please contact Sandra Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (870)235-4047.
Sponsored by: SAU Alumni Association & Mulerider Cookteam