Southern Arkansas University is proud to have a rich heritage of talented students who continue on to become successful and valuable members of their communities. The SAU Distinguished Alumni Awards, sponsored by the Southern Arkansas University Alumni Association, Inc. (SAUAA), was established to annually recognize extraordinary accomplishments made by SAU alumni and former students.
Meet Our 2020 Recipients
- Young Alumni Award – open to alumni 40 years of age and under
- Distinguished Alumni Award- open to alumni over the age of 40
- Golden Rider Distinguished Alumni Award- open to alumni who graduated during or before 1970
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Who can be selected?
- Graduate or former student of SAU
- Individual who has achieved extraordinary distinction in his/her chosen business profession, life’s work, or worthy endeavor.
- Person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that the faculty, staff, students, and alumni of SAU will take pride in and be inspired by their recognition.
- Individual, who deeds in action, reflects and recognizes the importance of his or her education at SAU, who demonstrates pride in their alma mater and whose interest and loyalty are evident.
Who can submit a nomination?
Nominations will be accepted from the following:
1. Enhanced Members of the SAU Alumni Association (Blue, Gold, and Forever Mulerider Members). Learn how to become a member by visiting www.saualumni.com/membership.
2. SAU Faculty/Staff
3. SAU Board Members
How can I submit a nomination?
The nomination period is open from June 1 – July 31 each year. All nominations must be made using the online nomination form.
Nominations should include:
- Information detailing how the nominee fulfills one or more of the criteria listed above. These details should include supporting evidence of the nominee’s accomplishments.
- A resume or any biographical information to serve as a support document for your nomination.
How often are the awards presented?
Awards will be presented the following spring.