SAU is honored and proud to have a rich history of talented students who continue on to become successful, and valuable members of their communities. The SAU Alumni Awards sponsored by the SAU Alumni Association was established to recognize extraordinary accomplishments by members of the Mulerider family who have carried on the Mulerider spirit and legacy beyond SAU. Every year the selected award recipients are honored at a special dinner.
There are several awards that are chosen every year:
- Young Alumni Award – open to alumni under 40
- Distinguished Alumni Award- open to alumni over 40
- Golden Rider Distinguished Alumni Award- open to alumni who graduated before 1968
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Who can be selected?
The criteria for these awards include outstanding service to SAU, the community, state, and/or nation. The individuals must be a person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that the faculty, staff, students, and alumni of Southern Arkansas University will take pride in, and be inspired by, their recognition.
Who can submit a nomination?
Nominations may be made by any SAU Alumni who is a Blue, Gold, or Forever Member of the SAU Alumni Association.
How can I submit a nomination?
Every year there is a call for nominations. Nominations can be submitted by e-mail, online, or via regular mail.
Complete nomination packets should include:
- The completed nomination form
- A letter detailing how the nominee fulfills one or more of the criteria listed above. The letters should include supporting evidence of the nominee’s accomplishments.
- A resume or any biographical information available
Email submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination packets can also be mailed to:
SAU Alumni Association
Southern Arkansas University
100 E. University, MSC 9416
Magnolia, AR 71753
How often are the awards presented?
Up to 8 individuals will be selected annually as recipients of the awards. Please ensure that you receive your notice of when the dinner will be by checking that the Alumni Association has your most recent contact information.